WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The Purdue softball team (5-0) is slated to compete in THE Spring Games at Madeira Beach (Feb. 14-15) and Clermont (Feb. 16) during the second week of play.
Friday, February 14
Saturday, February 15
Sunday, February 16
Over the three days, Purdue will play a total of six games with doubleheaders scheduled for each day. Fans can watch live on FloSoftball ($) or listen for free HERE.
Off to one of the strongest starts in recent history, the Boilermakers produced a perfect record during at the FAU Invitational to open the 2020 campaign. Over the opening weekend, Purdue recorded 42 runs and 41 RBI, the most RBI in over 21 years. Additionally, 14 Boilermakers scored over the first five games, which ties 2019 as the most in program history in over 21 years.
Becca Jones and Skye Webb led the weekend with .714 and .500 batting average, respectively. Jones produced four runs in seven at-bats and six RBI. The Boilermaker earned a .750 on-base % and a 1.143 slugging %. Meanwhile, Webb secured a team-high eight hits, three triples, and two doubles.
- Fourteen Boilermakers scored through the first five games of the season, marking the second consecutive year Purdue has done so. Additionally, 14 runners are the most by a team in over 21 years.
- Purdue produced 41 RBI through its first five games, marking the most by a Purdue team in over 21 years
- The team's 42 runs thus far are the most since the 2012 season
- Purdue's five triples are just three shy of tying the 2019 season total
Purdue in the B1G rankings
- Doubles: first (13)
- Triples: first (5)
- Total Bases: first (72)
- Runs Scored: second (43) – Purdue is one run shy of tying the Big Ten leader Nebraska
- Hits: second (46)
- RBI: second (42) – Purdue is two runs shy of tying Big Ten leader Nebraska
- Batting Average: third (.315)
- Slugging %: third (.493)
- On-Base %: third (.405)