NAIA Softball Rankings
2021 NAIA Softball Rankings: Top 25
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Southern Oregon stays put at No. 1 in the third edition of the NAIA Softball Coaches’ Top 25. The Raiders are currently nationally ranked in several categories including No. 1 in the NAIA in batting average, total hits and hits per game. The top five team stayed the same from the previous poll highlighted by No. 2 Lindsey Wilson, No. 3 Science & Arts (Okla.) and No. 4 Oklahoma City, and No. 5 Oregon Tech.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point on the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of the polls is bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) prior to the 2016-17 academic season. This change allows raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work between rating periods.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
NAIA Rankings: Top 25
|Rank||School (First Place Votes)||Record|
|1||Southern Oregon ||30-2||529|
|2||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||30-2||506|
|3||Science & Arts (Okla.)||31-3||499|
|6||Central Methodist (Mo.)||28-3||430|
|9||Hope International (Calif.)||17-1||377|
|12||William Carey (Miss.)||26-7||329|
|15||Truett McConnell (Ga.)||23-7||312|
|16||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||10-2||249|
|19||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||13-0||206|
|20||Central Baptist (Ark.)||18-8||198|
|23||College of Idaho||26-8||149|
Dropped Out: Southeastern (Fla.)
Receiving Votes: Grand View (Iowa) 87, Southeastern (Fla.) 87, Indiana Southeast 46, Texas A&M Texarkana 32, Concordia (Neb.) 26, Valley City State (N.D.) 25, St. Francis (Ill.) 23, William Jessup (Calif.) 10, Simpson (Calif.) 9, Vanguard (Calif.) 8, Milligan (Tenn.) 7, Webber International 5, Midland (Neb.) 4, Aquinas (Mich.) 3, Cottey (Mo.) 3, Mid-America Christian 3